23 February 2009

Two Weeks' Wrap-up!!!

WEEK OF THE NINTH:
Nothing really happened that I remember.

FRIDAY the 13TH:
Latin Club Spaghetti Sauce cook-off was really fun!! My mom cooked me some penne pasta for me to bring because last year there wasn't any pasta. And how can you eat spaghetti sauce without pasta?!? I shared it with Sarah, Ellie (the Ellie in my photo class who is really awesome and dresses nicely), Scott, Lizzie (and her brother, Nelson), Cat, and Jay, and everyone thought it was SUCH a good idea. Afterwards, we went to Starbucks with Thomas and without Cat and Jay, and from there we went to Target and messed around. We spent some time in the dollar aisle, looked at stupid romance novels, and Nelson almost got us kicked out. Sarah bought a giant ball and we played with it in the parking lot by Penn Station (and got asked about burger places by some random guy). Then we went to Sarah's and just chilled there for a while.

SATURDAY the 14TH:
No date for Valentine's. I just went out with the family to Houlihan's and babysat Raegan. I did get a special box of 6 Godiva chocolates from my dad (four lemon chiffon, two milk truffles, two midnight truffle things), and that was definitely great. Idk, didn't really do much except bemoan my singleness.

SUNDAY the 15TH:
Didn't do much during the day, but Rachel facebook-chatted me and asked if I wanted to go see Slumdog Millionaire (at 7:40 at night!!). I'd been planning to skip Monday, so my parents said it was okay. And I'm SO glad I went. It was utterly amazing. Review coming sometime soon, promise.

MONDAY the 16TH:
Had my interview for day camp (which, as I know now, ended up badly--so I won't dwell). I went to the library afterwards and had an amazing time reading poetry (and Cosmo) and hunting down my books for English and Euro.

THURSDAY the 19TH:
After school someone stole my pretty plaid coat, with my keys in it. I accidentally left it in the bathroom before lacrosse, and, when I noticed afterwards, Krissy and I ran to the bathroom. We found out it was gone, and I had to wait in my car (I accidentally left it unlocked) for my dad to come and drop off the second key. It made me really upset. Really, really upset. I'm still upset. I checked lost and found but I still need to see if I can watch "the tapes" of the area to catch that bitch that done took my coat.

FRIDAY the 20TH:
Winter Ball was okay. Not amazing. DJ Paul Bunyan (LMAOOO) was all right, but he left halfway through and it got shitty afterwards. I got some texts from Will--who, evidently, was ASKING ME OUT ASKING ME OUT on flipping V-Day--saying stuff like "I'm bad at relationships, do you want to take this more slowly??" But the thing is--I didn't want to take it at all. And I feel bad cause everyone I've been around and discussed this with has dissed him, and he's not a bad guy. He's just a biiiig nerd, and not exactly attractive, and definitely not my type (which is...really really hot).

SATURDAY the 21ST:
I went to the Central Library to do some research for my Euro paper. I hung out with Fiora, but she had to leave so Julian was nice enough to check out my books (and we ran into that crazy Otto who isn't even in Euro on the way out...). He is the nicest, sweetest, cutest boy I know. Somone needs to snatch that boy up because he is a total catch, I swear. Just not me, haha. Later, Fiora, her sister Anna, Eli, and I all went to see Milk (Eli relying on his beard to avoid being carded, haha) and had a jolly time. It was really good. Again, review coming soon enough. We hung out around the mall afterwards and ate Toblerones (and Eli's marzipan--ickkk!). I dropped off Fiora and Anna and then took Eli home, which is usually pretty fun as we share music and stuff. It was a pretty fun night, methinks.

SUNDAY the 22ND:
THE OSCARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Basically the best Oscars I've ever seen. Hugh Jackman was HILARIOUS, especially in the opening number--a "budget" opening that reused props from a lot of the nominated films, including the lovely Anne Hathaway as Richard Nixon (and she was sitting next to Frank Langella!). There was a great skit with James Franco and Seth Rogen being their Pinapple Express stoner selves and watching a bunch of the year's nominated movies--they were hilarious. I love them (but especially James Franco--he was going to be my choice for a Hot Fudge Sunday but I didn't have the time). I predicted correctly Best Picture (Slumdog), Best Actor (Sean Penn), Best Actress (Kate Winslet), and Best Supporting Actor (Heath!), but if I'd picked a Best Supporting Actress I would probably have picked Penelope Cruz--I just didn't because it was such a toss-up. I really enjoyed the whole night, especially the adorable Slumdog kids from Mumbai that didn't even speak English but were incredibly adorable (especially youngest Salim and Latika). I really liked Miley Cyrus's dress (surprise!) as well as Anne Hathaway's and Natalie Portman's, but Kate Winslet looked gorgeous as usual. I really missed looking for James McAvoy, who wasn't there. Instead I got to look at James Franco, Dominic Cooper (from The Duchess), Dev Patel, and Emile Hirsch; all very attractive men.

No comments: